Each SRP™ Wall System is characterised by lightweight handling, a familiar installation process and many durable features for quality building solutions.
Thorough planning and preparation is important to achieve a satisfactory result, economical installation and minimal waste.
As a guideline the following steps are suggested:
1. Using the plans, lay out the bottom and top SRP™ Tracks, ensuring they are the correct size, BMT and leg length. Ensure they are positioned perpendicular, or at the specified angle to the neighbouring partition as specified in the drawings.
2. Secure the bottom and top SRP™ Tracks as per the SRP™ TRACK installation of this website. Use deflection head SRP™ Tracks where required.
3. Select the required size and BMT SRP™ Stud, click here for installation guide.
4. Cut the SRP™ Studs to the required length and install them as per the SRP™ STUD installation of this website.
5. Install SRP™ Nogs and/or SRP™ Continuous Nog Track as and where required. If SRP™ Continuous Nog Track is required, place them in position prior to installing the SRP™ Studs. Installation is as per SRP™ NOGS section of this website.
6. Install doors and openings as and where required as per the Doors and Openings section of this website.
7. Install services in the wall cavity prior to lining.
8. Install acoustic insulation between the SRP™ Studs. NOTE: If the services are installed after the placement of the acoustic insulation in the wall, to re-enable required acoustic performance, ensure the recovery of the acoustic insulation to its original thickness.
9. Install Ceiling structure as and where required as per the relevant Ceiling documentation.
10. Perform a pre-wall lining check for the following:
a. Are all the wall structures installed plumb [vertical], level [horizontal] and square?
b. Are all SRP™ Track and SRP™ Stud sizes and spacing installed as required by design?
c. Are all SRP™ Nogs installed in position and sizes as required by design?
d. Is all framing within required tolerances for the required finish as stated in the relevant GIB® documents?
e. Check for damage to SRP™ Studs, SRP™ Tracks and SRP™ Nogs incurred by handling or installation. Remove and replace the items when and where damaged prior to installing the plasterboard.
f. Are the position, size and the edge of any site drilled service holes as per EXISTING AND SITE DRILLED SRP™ STUD SERVICE HOLES section of this website? Any SRP™ Studs with site created service holes outside of the recommended parameters, are to be removed and replaced when and where applicable, and prior to installing the plasterboard. g. Are all openings and their structural supports installed as and where required by design?
h. Are all ceiling elements installed as and where required by design?
i. Are all ceiling/wall connection details as per required specification?
j. Are all contact surfaces dry and clean from oil, grease, dirt etc?
k. Are all services installed as designed? If the services are installed after the placement of the acoustic insulation, to re-enable required acoustic performance, after installing the services ensure the recovery of the acoustic insulation to its original thickness.
l. Ensure no SRP™ Nogs or services installed within the wall cavity protrude beyond the framing envelope. m. Ensure the area is weatherproof and all required contact services are separated by a separation barrier as required by design.
11. Install plasterboard to the SRP™ STUDS AS PER WALL LININGS section of this website.
12. Install SRP™ Plaster Angles as per SRP™ PLASTER ANGLE section as and where required by design.